COPYWRIGHT

" "

Friday 25 August 2017

TOP 3 POEMS AT #SOSPOETRYSLAM SEASON 2

BEST THREE (3) POEMS AT #SOSPOETRYSLAM 2.0 (AUGUST 19, 2017)

To further emphasize the essence of Sound Of Sages (SOS), gift items were presented at the second edition of #SOSPoetrySlam for top three poems that has the most ‘poetic’ content, emotion-driving and most importantly, audience appeal.
 
WINNER OF BEST POEM OF THE DAY, PENJAMIN AT SOS POETRY SLAM 2.0
3RD
(The video for this particular poem was initially published by Naij.com and easily sub-titled, so posting the lyrics will be tautologous).. See video here



2ND

His name is Dickson.
And he said I'm cool an hot
and when I'm cold his cuddle would work

This son of a dick looked at me and said
"Hey baby, you're so sweet ama call you honey
And so hot you make me horny
Sweetie, my name is Dickson
And this dick has gone
far and wide and high and low
Yes baby, this dick has seen"

And I look back at Dickson
This son of a dick
Father of the cum
Whose dick has seen
And bears Dickson
His eyes were needle holes that tells of tears yet unseen
Of lies that the truth had never known
Words that the tongue never tasted
Sounds that the ears ever inhaled...

This son of a dick cloaks himself in
Diverse shades of the rainbow's ROYGBIV coats
Of
Ruthlessness,obduracy
Yucky yearnings
Gallivanting galore
Battering backer
Innovative insecurities
Virulent violence
And yes,
His dick stings.

It is Dickson that
makes posterity weep into an ocean of rape
As he sends souls,
Flying off and never to return from a jungle of abuses

This farmer of the cum that cares not where his seeds
Be sown
Whether they be African or Asian lands
Cos they are just dick seeds
That won't be left to grow
And searing scars that would refuse to go
Despite time's yell...


SOS Curator, Bankole Kolawole presenting the 1st Runner-Up cheque to LAWAL KAFAYAT GOLD (LKG)

So when next Dickson got bitten by his dick
And he said to me
"Baby, you're so cold and I am warm
So come closer, closer cos my cuddle would work"
I look the son of a dick in the face and I say
"The next pain is costlier than the price of Lipton
So you click off,
You fucking son of a dick
Bearing dick seeds
Whose dick has seen
And bears Dickson"
..

BEST POEM OF THE DAY
LUSTFUL LOVE BY PENJAMIN

At the beating of my heart, the world trembles.
At the sound of my name
the heart of humanity skip thousand beats;
I am the heart of civilization, out of me
springs the issues of life, legal or illegal,
good or bad, peace or strife.
Everyone dances to the irregular beats I produce
whenever I strike the drum of desire with the stick of necessity.

The love of me is the root of all evil,
the lust of me is the root of all evil,
I am not the root of all evil, but the lustful love of me.

I am the gold bold enough to glitter in the sun,
I am the sun hot enough to met the best of gold.
Humanity pay homage to me with
tears on tired skins,
ocean from weary eyes, aches on heavy heads,
shoe of dust on wandering feet of unemployed graduates;
with poetry in the heart of innocent children
whose parents are buried by bomb in catacombs,
with imagination of luxury in the mind of penury,
with wishes, dreams and aspirations of victims of fate
putting on the rags of poverty.

I am not God, but I'm worshiped with tongues
on the pulpit of those that say I'm mammon,
neither a small god, but I'm worshiped
with incantations and dancing cowries
thrown on the platter of deception.

I am not the root of evil, but the lustful love of me.

I can't buy you peace of mind,
but I can assure comfort and satisfaction
of buying many things and using few;
I can't get you child, but I can give you the memory
that would make another person's child yours forever;
I can buy you the confidence your child need to speak
amidst peers, for money speak in the congregation of the rich,
but in the gathering of the poor humility speaks -
poverty makes man humble.

I am not the root of evil, but the lustful love of me.

Those who say I'm the root of all evil
are aliens in the planet of riches.

You lust me lovingly, love me lustfully,
with everything that makes me you man:
you slaughter truth with lies,
and wear deception all to have me;
you kill your integrity on the altar of desperation
all because of me...

The love of me is the root of all evil,
the lust of me is the root of all evil,
I am not the root of all evil, but the lustful love of me.

You lust me lovingly, love me lustfully,
with everything that makes you woman:
you fill your breast with milk of contempt,
your nipples nibble on the soul of men
till they are left with skeleton of devalued essence.
You hate love, and love hatred, yet call me root of all evils
when you are the Miss Ruth of all devils.

The love of me is the root of all evil,
the lust of me is the root of all evil,
I am not the root of all evil, but the lustful love of me.

I submit myself on the table of power,
power became powerless.
Take me away from government, and greedy humans will lose interest in power,
for where there is no sugar, there is want of insects.

Money doesn't make man mad;
it only gives him two options,
either to be mad, or to MAD - Make A Difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment